APPLY UNTIL DATE: AUGUST 21, 2022
If you want to be part of an inspiring team dedicated to solving the future of food, then Solar Foods is your new home. Solar Foods is a visionary food-tech start-up company that develops revolutionary fermentation-based innovations for food production. As an active player in solving the global food crisis, Solar Foods provides new solutions that secure the sustainable use of natural resources by disconnecting food production from agriculture. We have created the world’s most sustainable protein Solein®, and now we are on our way to making it the ingredient of choice for the foods of tomorrow.
To support the creation of breakthrough food science innovations, we are looking for a QEHS Manager for a permanent role to take the lead in our quality, environment, health, and safety matters and the related development projects at company level. You will report to our Chief Operating Officer, and you will be working at our facilities in the capital area of Finland.
- Defining and implementing tools and processes as needed to develop solid QEHS procedures and culture
- Defining, developing, implementing, and maintaining some of the quality systems and standards which are needed by the company (e.g., ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, FSSC 22000, BRC and IFS)
- Participating closely in the ramp-up of the Factory 01 and ensuring that the required QEHS matters are taken into consideration, documented, and implemented into day-to-day operations
- Communicating QEHS topics and ensuring sufficient training for all staff
- Working with external QEHS professionals and authorities as needed
- Following up the related regulations and creating / updating internal procedures and policies accordingly
- Supporting both product development and fermentation teams in product quality and product safety related matters
- Bachelor or Master level degree in engineering, food technology, biotechnology, or similar
- 7+ years of work experience from process or manufacturing industry
- Hands-on experience from ISO standard based QEHS development projects and implementation of those
- Knowhow in relation to environmental and safety requirements in industry context
- Solid expertise on QEHS related legislation and regulations
- Experience with quality management systems and programs
- Driven by Solar Foods’ mission and willingness to work in a start-up environment
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Willingness, readiness, and courage to guide and train people
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in Finnish in considered an advantage.
Positive if you also have experience or knowledge of
- Environmental requirements for factory construction and related development projects
- Hands-on experience on implementing product safety requirements in production
What we offer
Solar Foods provides an exceptional opportunity for an eager and systematic QEHS expert to continue the development of a work environment and culture in which safety, well-being and compliance are seen as top priorities across the organisation. You will have the freedom to execute along with the responsibility to deliver and accomplish. And naturally, you will have the most amazing colleagues to work with, as well as easy-going support with minimal bureaucracy.
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you! If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 21 August 2022.
In case you have any questions about the post or the company, please contact Harri Hämäläinen from Taplow Executive Search (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 3200 233).
Since all duties at Solar Foods require precision, reliability, independent judgement, and a good ability to react, the employer has the right to require all new employees to undergo drug tests, performed by the occupational health care service provider.